Waterloo, ON - The Waterloo Wolves Midget AAA team has an immediate opening for a Trainer for the 2013-2014 season.
The Wolves are an elite midget AAA hockey team ( 16-17 year old boys) competing in the Pavilion League of the Minor Hockey Alliance of Ontario. The team’s past trainer has moved on to a position at the junior level after a number of successful years with the Waterloo Midget AAA program.
This is your opportunity to become part of a first class major midget AAA hockey program. With the best available coaching, training and facilities, we have built a centre of excellence which enables our players, coaches and staff to excel in a program that instills team values and a sense of community. Team bus transportation is available for all non-local league and tournament games. The Wolves boast their own team and dressing room facilities, including a treatment area operated by the Trainer.
- A strong interest and personal commitment to athletic training, safety and risk management that puts the health and safety of players first
- Ability and desire to work effectively and collaboratively with our coaches and operations staff to meet their goals for the season
- Completion of Hockey Trainers Certification Program (HTCP)
- Completion of RIS / Speak Out course
It is the policy of the Waterloo Minor Hockey Association that anyone applying for a team staff position be subject to a screening process. Applicants, prior to being offered a position must submit a current Criminal Records Search, and provide a list of references.
- Preference will be given to candidates with a background in health care or injury recovery
Interested candidates should contact Gary Spark by phone at 519-570-3042 or by email at [email protected]