The ALLIANCE Hockey Officiating Program of Excellence is a bi-annual development camp for young Officials. The 3-day camp hosts Officials from across ALLIANCE Hockey who have been invited and is designed specifically to provide the Official with the following skills not currently available in other formats:
- Improve their officiating teamwork,
- Develop appropriate officiating attitudes and values,
- Expand their awareness of conditioning/fitness programs and nutrition,
- How to prepare for games physically and mentally
- Obtain your Level 3 certification for officials 17 years of age or older
Officials participate in classroom sessions, off-ice and on-ice sessions in addition to officiating select games at the “ALLIANCE Hockey U16 AAA Show Case" where they will receive supervision and mentorship.
Officials receive the opportunity to learn from the very best ALLIANCE Hockey Instructors and supervisors. As well, officials are exposed to guest speakers from the National Hockey League and Ontario Hockey League Coaches and Officials.
Many of our past participants are now working at the junior level, with others working regularly at the U18 AAA level.
The next ALLIANCE Hockey Official's Program of Excellence will be hosted in November 2024.