Stratford, ON - The 2017-18 season will be a little extra special as ALLIANCE Hockey will be celebrating 25 years! Established in 1993, ALLIANCE Hockey has experienced tremendous growth and success as a non-profit, volunteer-based organization over the last 25 years.
"ALLIANCE Hockey has so much to celebrate this anniversary season. We are looking forward to the commemorative activities that are being planned and for the opportunity to recognize those people who have contributed to ALLIANCE Hockey over the years", stated President, Dan Gibbons.
A variety of 25th anniversary celebrations will be unveiled throughout the season and will culminate with the 2018 Annual General Meeting weekend in London, ON from June 1-2, 2018.
ALLIANCE Hockey is grateful for all of the players (past and present), dedicated volunteers, administrators, supporters and families alike who have contributed to the last 25 years! We look forward to celebrating and embarking on the next 25!
About ALLIANCE Hockey
Since being founded in 1993, the ALLIANCE has always positioned the organization as a leader in Canada in the administration and development of the game of hockey for all player and adult volunteer participants. As a result, the ALLIANCE offers a number of programs designed to enhance the performance, organization and safety of our participants. This innovative thinking has led to the ALLIANCE being one of the most recognized and original organizations in amateur sport.
List of Presidents
Howard Burleigh 1993 - 1995
Bill Appleby 1995 - 1998
Jim Liabotis 1998 - 2002
Bill Bowman 2002 - 2005
Charlie Ward 2005 - 2008
Tony Foresi 2008 - 2012
Harry Blinkhorn 2012 - 2016
Dan Gibbons 2016 - Present
- The ALLIANCE Membership is larger than eight (8) Hockey Canada (HC) Branches (Provincial Governing Bodies)
- During mid-season, ALLIANCE teams will participate in approximately 2,500 games in one week or 10,000 in a month!
- The ALLIANCE is highly regarded for effective and efficient communication administrative procedures in amateur sport!
- The ALLIANCE has relationships with international hockey contacts in Sweden, Finland, Norway, the United States, Japan and Denmark... just to name a few!
Structure of ALLIANCE Hockey
ALLIANCE Hockey is a member of Hockey Canada (HC) and the Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF). Additionally, the ALLIANCE is a member of the Hockey Development Centre for Ontario (HDCO) and works in conjunction with these groups on several programs for ALLIANCE Hockey participants.
The ALLIANCE membership consists of twenty-two (22) Member Associations with over thirty thousand members. The ALLIANCE membership is made up of the following Associations:
- Brantford Church Hockey League
- Brantford Minor Hockey Association
- Burlington Lions Optimist Hockey Association
- Cambridge Minor Hockey Association
- Chatham-Kent AAA Zone
- Elgin Middlesex Hockey Alliance
- Greater London Hockey Association
- Hamilton Huskies
- Hamilton Minor Hockey Council
- Huron Perth AAA Zone
- Kitchener Minor Hockey Association
- Lambton AAA Hockey
- London Jr. Knights
- Greater Fort Erie Minor Hockey Association
- Sarnia Hockey Association
- St. Catharines CYO Minor Hockey Association
- Stratford Minor Hockey Association
- Stratford Rotary Hockey League
- Sun County AAA Minor Hockey Association
- Waterloo Minor Hockey Association
- Windsor AAA Zone
- Woodstock Minor Hockey Association