Cambridge, ON - The Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) Scholarship was introduced in 1997 to recognize and reward dedication in education and hockey. The program provides financial assistance to registered OHF participants to offset the cost of post-secondary education. Over the past 21 years, the OHF has distributed more than $420,000 to over 390 post-secondary students.
Each year, the OHF awards scholarships to outstanding young people who display an incredible amount of commitment both at the arena and in the classroom. The bursary recipients are determined on the basis of academic achievements, hockey involvement and community involvement.
2019 OHF Scholarship Eligibility & Application Requirements
To be eligible to receive a scholarship, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Be registered for three (3) years within the OHF in any capacity (player, trainer, coach, official)
- Be registered with the OHF during his/her application season
- Be a registrant in good standing with the OHF
- Enrolling in post-secondary full-time studies in Canada for the first time
- OHF Scholarship Application Form
- A letter from the candidate (maximum 500 words, single spaced) outlining his/her contributions to hockey, what the game of hockey has meant to him/her and other information such as volunteer or community involvement
- One (1) letter of reference from current school on official letterhead (non-relative)
- One (1) letter of reference from a hockey related organization on official letterhead (non-relative)
- Complete copy of Official School Transcript is mandatory
- A copy of candidates mid-term marks summary
- Applicants will be scored based on their personal contribution to hockey and the community as well as their school related submission (the scoring is equally weighted)
- The number of recipients and the amount awarded to each will be determined by the OHF Scholarship Committee
- Where financial assistance is needed, consideration will be given
- Deadline is May 12, 2019.
- APPLICATION FORM & MORE INFORMATION