Stratford, ON - The 2020-21 Hockey Canada Officiating Program Recertification online course and exam are now available for all returning Officials.
Recertification packages were emailed to last season's registrants with complete registration information on September 6th.
Please click here
and use your eHockey account information to access the course and exam. Note: The course and exam are for returning Officials only.CLINIC NOTES:
• The Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) has developed the online recertification course to now work on all operating systems.
• If you are 18 years of age or older and have an expired Vulnerable Sector Check (VSS), you will not be eligible to register or officiate until you have submitted a current Criminal Record Check (CRC). Please review the OHF Criminal Records Check Information for further details.
• Once your registration is complete, your payment will be processed and an electronic receipt confirming your registration will be provided along with the link to the online course. The online recertification course is now available.
• There are NO in-class development sessions for Level 1-6 officials however, all officials are required to complete the online recertification course and obtain the necessary passing mark on the HCOP Exam.
• Level 1 Officials who have reached the age of 16 on or before December 31, 2020 are the only individuals eligible to upgrade their level status when registering for the recertification course (i.e. Level 1’s wishing to upgrade to Level 2).
To upgrade from a Level 1 to a Level 2 Official, you must complete the following:
- Register and pay for the Level 2 Online Recertification Course
- Complete the Level 2 Online Recertification Course
- Successfully complete and pass the Level 2 HCOP exam
• AS A RETURNING OFFICIAL, IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO BE PREPARED FOR THE EXAMINATION. The exam is completed during the online recertification course. The exam expectations (marks) remain unchanged.
• The recertification clinic is only for currently certified HCOP officials
. Please do not advise new officials wishing to get started in the Officiating Development Program to register for any of the online recertification course. Interested individuals should contact their local referee association for information on becoming a referee.
• NEW - Hockey Canada's Planning a Safe Return to Hockey Course
- Free, online course for all officials
• REQUESTS FOR REFUNDS, whether due to payment error or any other reason, will be subject to an administration fee of $26.00. Refunds will NOT be provided once you have logged into the online recertification course.