The Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) Scholarship was introduced in 1997 to recognize and reward dedication in education and hockey. The program provides financial assistance to registered OHF participants to offset the cost of post-secondary education. Since its inception, the OHF has distributed more than $450,000 to over 400 post-secondary students.
Each year, the OHF awards scholarships to outstanding young people who display an incredible amount of commitment both at the arena and in the classroom. The bursary recipients are determined on the basis of academic achievements, hockey involvement and community involvement.
OHF Scholarship Eligibility & Application Requirements
To be eligible to receive a scholarship, a candidate must meet the following criteria:
Be registered for three (3) of the previous four (4) years within the OHF in any capacity (player, trainer, coach, official)
Participants (players and officials) within each of the OHF Members (ALLIANCE, GTHL, NOHA, OHA, OHL, OMHA, OWHA) are eligible to receive an OHF scholarship. This includes participants (players and officials) within an OWHA program operating anywhere in the province of Ontario.
• Recognizing the limitations that COVID-19 presented to minor hockey opportunities in Ontario, the OHF broadened the range of registration to ensure a player who could not register in 2020-2021 for an OHF program (through no fault of her/his own), may still apply for the 2021 award
• Must be in good standing with the OHF
• Must be enrolling in post-secondary, full-time studies in Canada for the first time
OHF Scholarship Application Form
• A letter from the candidate (maximum 500 words, single-spaced) outlining their contributions to hockey within the Ontario Hockey Federation, what the game of hockey has meant to them, and other information such as volunteer or community involvement
• One (1) letter of reference from current school on official letterhead (non-relative)
• One (1) letter of reference from a hockey-related organization on official letterhead (non-relative)
• A complete copy of an Official School Transcript is mandatory
• A copy of the candidate's mid-term marks summary
• Applicants will be scored based on their personal contribution to hockey and the community, as well as their school-related submission
• The number of recipients and the amount awarded to each will be determined by the OHF Scholarship Committee
• Where financial assistance is needed, consideration will be given
*We understand the challenges that may occur with acquiring transcripts from schools. Please have your guidance counselor email any transcripts to [email protected] and include in the subject line of the email your full name.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MAY 16, 2022 at 5PM
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION FORM