4.0 PLAYER EVALUATIONS and PLAYER RETURN
.1 Players who are not from the host AAA Zone centre are not permitted to attend evaluations for any representative
team in a classification lower than AAA, except as indicated in Policy 18.0 Non-Residential Player Passport Agreement with OMHA.
.2 Evaluation progression must be in accordance with OHF Regulation G.
AAA evaluations must be completed within seven (7) days following the OHF Championships with successive evaluations at the AA and A levels. The evaluation timeframe commences on the Saturday of OHF Championship weekend for U13 AAA and below and the Monday following the OHF Championship weekend for U14 AAA to U16 AAA.
U18 AAA evaluations begin August 23rd annually which coincides with the first day of player movement.
Seeded (AA-A) evaluations cannot start until after the seven (7) days of AAA evaluations.
BB-B evaluations may begin upon completion of Seeded (AA-A) evaluations.
In shared jurisdictions where there is a separate Seeded (AA-A) entity (i.e. London), AA evaluations must be completed within a seven (7) day period before A evaluations can begin.
The OHF Championships are hosted annually in April.
Ontario Hockey Federation and ALLIANCE Hockey Evaluation Progression for U18 and Junior Hockey
Evaluation Information as it pertains to 15 and 16-year-old participants:
* 15-year-olds are eligible to skate at the Provincial Jr. A and Jr. B level until the Friday before Labour Day
* Jr. C teams may only have local 16-year-old players at their tryouts
* Local 16-year-olds who participate at Jr. C are not eligible to affiliate with Jr. A and Jr. B teams
* 16-year-olds who participate in U18 AAA hockey are eligible to affiliate for 10 games with a Jr. A or Jr. B team and may
become permanent affiliates once eliminated from Playdowns
Evaluation Progression for U18 Hockey:
Junior Teams must release the 16-year-old players from their camps except for those they have signed, by following the Evaluation Progression:
* OHL: by Labour Day Monday
* Jr A and Jr B: by Friday following Labour Day Weekend
* Jr C: by the second Friday following Labour Day Weekend
* U18 AAA evaluations run until the second Sunday following Labour Day